Cookies are small text files that the site a user is visiting, sends out and records in the user's computer or mobile device and that will be sent back to the same site at the next visit. Thanks to cookies, the site remembers the user's actions and preferences (such as log-in data, language selected, font size, other display settings, etc.) so that it will be not necessary to re-enter them if the user visits the site again or browses through its pages. Cookies are used to make digital authentications, monitor sessions and store information about the activities of the users accessing a site; they can also contain a unique identification code that allows tracking the user navigation inside the site for statistical or advertising purposes. While browsing a site, a user may receive in his/her computer or mobile device also cookies from sites or web servers other than the one being visited (so-called "third-party cookies") Some operations cannot be performed without using cookies; in some cases cookies are technically necessary for site functioning.
There are various types of cookies depending on their characteristics and functions; they can remain in the user's computer or mobile device for different periods of time: session cookies, for example, are automatically deleted when the browser is closed while persistent cookies will remain in the user's equipment until a pre-set expiry date.
Among technical cookies not requiring the explicit consent for their use, the Italian Data Protection Authority (see Gen. Prov. “Simplified Arrangements to Provide Information and Obtain Consent Regarding Cookies - 8 May 2014””) includes:
- "Analytics cookies" insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website;
- Browsing or session cookies (e.g. to authenticate themselves or purchase items online, etc.);
- Functional cookies, which allow users to navigate on the basis of certain pre-determined criteria (such as the language or the products to be purchased) so as to improve service quality.
Profiling cookies, which are aimed at creating user profiles and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation, require that the users give their consents beforehand.
This site uses all the above mentioned types of cookies, also in view of improving the user experience and the contents provided as well as to understand how visitors browse the site.
The website auxologico.it uses the following cookies:
- Technical cookies, i.e. browsing or session cookies that are strictly necessary for site functioning and allow users to avail themselves of the contents and/or services they request.
- Analytics cookies that allow understanding how the site is used by visitors. No information about user identity and no personal data are collected by means of these cookies. Information is treated in an aggregate and anonymous form.
- Third-party cookies, i.e. cookies of external sites or web servers, used for purposes specific to the third parties.
In particular, the website auxologico.it includes the following cookies:
|Name||Purpose||Type||Duration||Source||Information recorded||When it is used||Access to information|
|PHPSESSID||Allows recognising the user navigation session||Technical cookie||Session end||auxologico.it||Univocal ID code of the session||All site||auxologico.it|
|Allows analysing the use of the site by the users to improve its contents and services||Third-party analytics cookies||__utma 2 years
__utmb 30 min
__utmc session end
__utmt 10 min
__utmz 6 months
__utmv 2 years
_ga 2 years
_gat 1 day
|PYPF||Allows using the PayPal service for donations||Third-party cookies||PayPal||"Support Research" section||PayPal|
|logged_in||Allows recognising the user's navigation session||Technical cookie||Session end||auxologico.it||Keeps track of the log-in made||All site||auxologico.it|
|Allows YouTube to provide tailored services depending on the videos displayed by the user visiting the site.||Third-party cookies||YouTube||Video display||YouTube|
|Allows displaying the Google Map in the site||Third-party cookies||Google Maps||Google Map display||Google Maps|
For more information about how to set your preferences for using cookies through your navigation browser, please see the following instructions:
For more information about the different types of cookies, their operating modes and characteristics, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.